ACCT 567 WEEK 7 PROBLEMS 16-3 AND 17-6
Elizabeth College, a small private college, had the following transactions in fiscal year 2011.
1. Billings for tuition and fees totaled $5,600,000. Tuition waivers and scholarships of $61,500 were granted. Students received tuition refunds of $101,670.
2. During the year the college received $1,891,000 cash in unrestricted private gifts, $575,200 cash in temporarily restricted grants, and $1,000,000 in securities for an endowment.
3. A pledge campaign generated $626,000 in unrestricted pledges, payable in fiscal year 2012.
4. Auxiliary enterprises provided goods and services that generated $94,370 in cash.
5. Collections of tuition receivable totaled $5,380,000.
6. Unrestricted cash of $1,000,000 was invested.
7. The college purchased computer equipment at a cost of $10,580.
8. During the year the following expenses were paid: